Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm back...

I think Christopher missed me while I was back East...

Because when I got home he took me here to eat the best pizza of my life, and then to Singin' in the Rain at Hale Center. The show was darling, and everyone got really wet.




On Saturday evening we went to the Utah Arts Festival at the SLC library. If any readers are ever in town at the end of June, they should definitely not miss this! We spent hours browsing the booths and talking to artists. We went to the Utah film show and voted for our favorites out of the top six short films of the year.






We went to the micro-writers booth where they provide a prompt and only let you write about it for 60 seconds. Not easy! It was hilarious to read everyone's finished products. Here was our favorite from the prompt "When she sat on the purple velvet couch..."



We left after eating steak tacos while listening to the finalists of the poetry slam. (yikes) and we talked about our favorite artists the whole way home.

It's really good to be back!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Sweet Melissa, I love your blog--write more often:) I'm so glad you and Mr. Mountain are having fun, but I bet we miss you more than he missed you..probably

Chris said...

Ha! Not likely, Jess. I would appreciate it if you'd discontinue your attempts to subvert my wife--it's hard enough already for one man to compete with an entire awesome family, even if he does have an amazing beard.

Mandy said...

That looks like fun! They have more cool stuff in Utah I decided.

And The Cheej's beard is like a mountain man. I'm impressed.