Sunday, June 13, 2010

Back to Primary

Hey everyone, it's Chris. One of the main challenges for me in primary is to keep from laughing when the kids are misbehaving. Today during sharing time the teacher prefaced a section with, "Now I want to tell you a story! Some of you may have heard it before--"

"--and some of us may not like it!" one of our boys immediately chimed in. I know I shouldn't find this as funny as I do, and from a kid any older I certainly wouldn't, but with this boy it just kills me because he is completely being himself. It's also especially hard to hide fact that I'm laughing since this kid loves to sit on my lap.

The other choice moment today came from one of the sunbeams. A few weeks ago, the new primary presidency instituted three basic rules that they hope the children can keep in mind. They began the meeting today by asking if any of the kids could remember what those rules are. One of our boys quietly raised his hand and correctly stated, "Raise your hand." When the primary president asked for another volunteer, one of the sunbeams jumped up with unrestrained enthusiasm and yelled, "BE QUIET!" Apparently aware of the contradictory nature of his announcement, he immediately clapped his hands over his mouth and whispered, "be quiet?"

I get more thankful for our calling each week!

3 comments:

drewandlacey said...

i love kids....

Jessica said...

haha, i love the quiet comment. i helped out in nursery yesterday and some kid was asking for more animal crackers and the helper said he was forgetting something, and whispered "please," so the little boy whispered it back, then asked loudly again. So cute.

Mandy said...

Haha little cuties. I like primary too, I hope I get called into it in our next ward.