Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Constitution State

My mom called me on the first day of school. If you are a daughter in the Madson family, this is not a big deal. After all, I talk to each of my sisters and my mom every single day and sometimes when there is actually something happening, we call each other over and over. My sister Lacey and I will talk while we're grocery shopping, and then hang up to check out, call back, hang up to talk to the bank teller, call back, and finally, hang up to take the groceries in the house, and once more call back. We're one of those people you hate to drive behind, or wait in line with. Sorry. It's just how we are.

But this time, on the first day of school, my mom had big news. My dad got an awesome promotion in Connecticut and
 decided to move my mom, little brother and sister all the way across the country. Shocking.  Also, Christopher and I are moving out of are chic, finally decorated apartment, and into a large, already-decorated house with vines climbing up the brick. There is a basketball hoop, neighbors with children above eight, 
and an actual lawn to mow.  Yikes!

Still, Christopher and I are so grateful
 for this chance--and even though we'll miss our parents, it will be great to have an excuse to head to the east coast!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey. I love your blog. Make more posts!!!

Jessica said...

I know you're great, but Missy--why would you comment on your own blog...? :)