Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Town of Hill


A couple months ago Christopher and I went on a little date in downtown Salt Lake City. We went to the Dodo restaurant and got a delicious toasted cream cheese appetizer with fruit and crackers. We shopped around Gateway and he bought me ice-cream on the way home to eat while we watched The Office. 

But before all that we went to Sam Weller's used bookstore and completely fell in love with it. It has a sturdy wooden ladders hooked on the all the tall shelves, and tons of great art on the walls.  Christopher found a couple classic sci-fi novels from the 50's, and worked really hard to find me a perfect source for my research paper on Proust. I spent most of my time in the poetry section, not because I know a lot about poetry, but because the books were so pretty!  I ended up with a slim volume called "The Town of Hill,"  by Donald Hall (former poet laureate.)  The book is beautiful, but as a bonus, the poems are great too, so I thought I would share my personal favorite. Don't worry, it's nice and short.  


Breasts
There is something between us.


:)  I love it.


4 comments:

Mandy said...

Hehehe. you shared that one with me. And I love the Dodo's spinach quiche.

Jessica said...

Whoa Miss, innappropriate.
I was so enthralled with your post and that through me off, I'm disappontied you'd find that funny. Mwahahaha, joke! I loved it.

Whitney the Wifey said...

We were there a couple of weeks ago. Loved it! We are sad that they're moving locations.

Chris said...

Perhaps this would be an appropriate time to make it entirely clear that Melissa is solely responsible for the content of this blog. Who would have thought my sweet companion would post such risque material!