Thursday, September 24, 2009

Crash with us

So I'm not so sure how I feel about North Carolina yet. Things are definitely getting better, but I still sometimes ask Christopher if we can move back to Utah. He always says yes, but I know we should stay here. :(

I'm being a whiner. What I really want this post to be about is......the new guest room! Which means that Utah (and Connecticut, Tennessee, Hawaii, Kansas, and Alaska) can now come to me!

I have to tell you guys--remember this post? How we almost killed ourselves bringing the mattress back home? Okay. After driving that very mattress across nine different states and buying a lovely bed to place it in, we discovered that we had a full-sized mattress in a queen-sized bed. And just in case you are wondering--that makes a big difference. Just one of the many mistakes we've made since moving. After many tears, we decided to rent a van and drive the stupid mattress to the nearest IKEA--in Charlotte NC which is 2 hours away.

You know what? We had a great time. We spent a ton of money. We returned the too-small mattress and bought one that fits perfectly. And now the guest room is completely finished and we need to advertise it so we can get some visitors soon.


Ta-Da! We can't wait for you guys to see it in person. :)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, sign me up for the next slot

Dori said...

I am in. The room looks great.

Mandy said...

It is so cute Miss! I want to come visit so bad.I'm already saving up.

Elder and Sister Challis said...

Funny and famous mattress story. We are coming to try it out!