Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Many Happy Returns!




Happy Birthday to me! Some highlights-

1-  Christopher woke up early on January 27 and told me he was going to shovel the driveway.  After all, he still had to work, wife's b-day and all.  I believed him in my sleepy state, and woke up to a tray of sweet rolls, fruit, hot chocolate, 
and a sausage biscuit from my favorite bakery.  And yes, I do rate bakeries.  Breakfast in bed! The start of a wonderful birthday tradition.  

2-As if breakfast with my down comforter wasn't enough, Christopher brought himself to do my Latin homework the night before, freeing me to celebrate my birthday however I wanted.  Also, my Latin has never been done so thoroughly and correctly.  Sad, but true.

3-Tickets to Throughly Modern Millie at BYU!  The seats were great, voices fantastic, and costumes sparkly.  I loved every minute. 

4-Getting tired? I was too.  But when we got home, before falling asleep in my crumb-covered sheets, Christopher surprised me with a gorgeous apple green 8 GB iPod and converter for my car!  

5- I'm bragging. But the iPod is a real beauty.  And it hasn't left my side since January 27.     

6-My sisters and husband threw me an AMAZING party on Saturday. It was a murder mystery set in the 20's, complete with dozens of bottles of sparkling cider, (it was prohibition, after all), blackjack and craps, and a lovely dinner. They spent all day making it a fun night for everyone, who in turn, did a great job with costumes, and that tricky New York accent.  I've never felt so loved.   Thanks guys!

7-Finally, on Sunday afternoon, my sisters made another great dinner and we opened presents.  My family and friends were more than generous this year, and I have so much to be grateful for.  I'm happy I was born, and even more happy that other people seem to be happy about it too. 

PS. As soon as I have them, I'll post some awesome birthday pictures from the big murder mystery event. 

2 comments:

drewandlacey said...

i wish i could have been there

Mandy said...

Don't feel bad. Your iPod is totally brag-worthy.