Monday, July 13, 2009

summer

I thought our Fourth of July festivities would be lonely. And admittedly, I really did miss boating and eating my mom's potato salad. But Christopher and I did pretty well for ourselves. We had pancakes with coconut syrup at our ward breakfast bash and laughed at an old guy wearing a flag imprinted gangster bandanna over his bald head.



Then we hiked to Timpanogas Cave and marveled at the stalactites before heading home to clean up and make it to Ruth's Diner for dinner. You guys. If I ever find out that you went there and didn't order the banana bread pudding for dessert, I'll be speechless. So so good.





After fireworks and listening to our talented friend Suzy Lind sing, we headed home and I fell asleep before we got there. Chris swears I was singing in my sleep to 'Mama Mia' but I'm sure he was imagining things. :) God bless America!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I just wonder what you were imagining as I caught the faint strains of ABBA from your lips while you stirred in the passenger seat. Probably just visions of disco-dancing banana bread pudding...

Mandy said...

I am actually going to Ruth's when I get back to Utah. And that pudding looks goooood. Haha I believe Chris about you singing Mama Mia. But it is kind of funny you fell asleep :) Just like a little kid, all worn out from the festivities.

Jessica said...

Sounds like the perfect 4th, do-rag and all