Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hallelujah

When we left Utah, one of the toughest things about the move was leaving behind the family and friends we had close by. Also, it was tough to leave behind Red Mango. I fell in love with their yogurt near the beginning of the summer, and Christopher took me their ALL the time. The small serving size only has 125 calories, and if you have them sprinkle strawberries or pineapple on the top, it isn't much more. Rich, creamy, tangy, and delicious. It was a heartbreaker to drive away from all that.

Once we got to NC, we discovered that a Coldstone creamery was practically next door. So that became our frozen treat destination. I'm not sure how many calories fits into a small Chocolate Devotion, but I'm guessing it's higher than the 125 region. Yes, much higher.

I knew we had to change our ways. Last night we went to a nice earthy little shop called Local Yogurt. And it is so similar to my beloved Red Mango, it's uncanny. The yogurt is so luscious and buttery, I would say it's downright sinful. :) Also, it's a little lighter on the wallet than Red Mango which made Christopher happy. After finishing my yogurt accompanied by fresh strawberries and a few chocolate shavings, I nervously approached the laptop in order to read up on the nutrition facts of this heavenly treat. The results? 125 calories for a small cup.


Since we moved here, I don't think I've been happier. Now I just need to convince them to provide punch cards...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yay Missy! I am glad you found a good yogurt place, because if it makes you feel better about being in NC its a big deal. It sounds good!