Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Outer Banks

Christopher and I had the best time during our weekend at the Outer Banks. I realize that this is a lot of pictures. There are tons more so you can all look forward to that in the future. :) Maybe we're just hoping that they convince you guys to come with us on an Outer Banks trip next time. Spring Break, anyone?


I got to see a cotton field for the first time in my life. An old farmer told us to go ahead and pick some, so we did. And it was cool. It turns out that cotton on the plant is pretty much the same thing as the cotton balls under your bathroom sink.

We had to take ourselves and car across Pamlico Sound on a ferry in order to get to Ocracoke Island. So gorgeous. We played Scrabble to kill time and I won by one point. It was a sweet victory.

We rode these bicycles all over Ocracoke. We were glad we went in October because some people told us that before Labor Day it's so crowded on the streets, you can't very far on a bicycle. We rode them to the lighthouse, all around the harbor, and to the ice-cream shop.

I had no idea Christopher was taking this picture.
We went kayaking in the Sound, and discovered a really cool trail on the nature conservatory section of the island.

I love this picture of Christopher.
On our way home we stopped at this famous lighthouse in Cape Hatteras and climbed to the top. It was so so cool. I hummed Pete's Dragon songs the whole time.
On the way home we also stopped at Kitty Hawk and checked out the Wright Brothers Memorial. I'll definitely post pictures of that later. We really did have so much fun playing on the pier and eating pancakes at our little B&B. Happy Fall Break!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

You guys are the cutest couple. Seriously! I love the second picture down, so great. I want to come for spring break..or any break!

Lauren Kay said...

That looks great! I really do want to come down for a visit sometime. Maybe when it's warm. Hey remember that boy I liked last year? He just had an interview at Duke. I thought of you guys and wished I had an interview at Duke!

Dori said...

I am in for Spring Break. It looks amazing.

Unknown said...

so cool and fun!

Mandy said...

Cutest pictures! That looks like the funnest trip. I especially love the lighthouse, and think riding bikes all over sounds awesome.

And that is a cute picture of Chris!

Whitney the Wifey said...

I am so jealous! It looks beautiful out there!