Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Wright Idea...


Christopher and I got to visit Kitty Hawk on our way home last week. Fact: I did not have the best attitude about this. I was hungry, and it was raining, and I had sand in my shoes. But deep down, I really did want to visit the Wright Brothers Memorial and Christopher and I are both glad we did.


We hiked up Kill Devil Hill where Wilbur and Orville did most of their early glider experiments. It was raining pretty hard by the time we made it to the top so we didn't get the best pictures, but a couple turned out. At the foot of this very hill the first flight took place. Pretty amazing. I am so grateful for these two men right now! Especially since I just went on Expedia and booked a flight to visit my family in Connecticut next week. Their glider has come a long way!

Also, as soon as we left the Wright Memorial, Christopher and I bought a pizza and I changed into my sweat pants in the car. So everything turned out okay after all.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I am so grateful for them too... And am jealous you get to go to CT. p.s. nice pun on the title :)

drewandlacey said...

you better believe i am "great"ful for them. i get to see you wright away!

Dori said...

I can't wait for you to get here. Thank goodness for the Wright's..

Jessica said...

Gotta love the sweatpants in the car. You could wear them in the plane too...ode to the Wright's