Wednesday, February 3, 2010

23

Some pictures from my perfect birthday last week.

For the first time in my life, I was living in a place that wan't buried in snow on January 27. We celebrated by driving to a nearby lake and having a picnic. It was beautiful!

We went to our final Duke basketball game and beat Florida State soundly.

When we got back to our apartment after the game, the door was decorated to perfection by our awesome friends Jared and Carolyn. Yep, we all love The Office.

Besides the door being decorated, there was also a cake waiting on the mat. Christopher lit the candle and sang me Happy Birthday "Madson style" even though it was after midnight. If you don't know what "Madson style" is...well, let's just say, the neighbors weren't happy.



The next night, Christopher took my to my favorite restaurant and then to...Mamma Mia! I was in heaven! During the curtain call there was a big sing-along and everyone was belting out songs from the show and waving their arms. It was the funnest moment! I tried my best to get a video, but cameras are strictly forbidden, so I apologize for the poor quality. Just trying to be sneaky. :)



My family gave me the most wonderful gifts, and Christopher has a way of planning things that make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Thanks everybody--you guys are the reason I'm going to love being 23!

6 comments:

Chris said...

You make birthdays so fun! I wish it came around more often so we could do more things like this. Maybe we should start celebrating your half-birthday...

drewandlacey said...

i wish i could have been there to celebrate! i want it to my birthday again already :)

Jessica said...

Chris, it sounds like you made her SO happy! And everything sounds like it was so fun!
You guys are so cute, and I love the door and cake.
Hap hap happy 23!

Unknown said...

awww! so sweet!

Mandy said...

Geez girl. You had the best birthday ever.
I think the Mama Mia video was the funniest thing ever! Haha I can totally picture myself loving that.

Whitney the Wifey said...

Happy belated birthday! I know birthdays are a big deal to you (as they are to me) and it always seems that Chris pulls them off nicely! Hurrah! I never thought I would say this, but I miss the MTC. Too many politics in the real world. I liked it when the drama just revolved around who Merlene pissed off or how Howard was called by his real first name.

When I finish the Master's program I am going to go right into a PhD and go to school forever. That way I can avoide real world work atmospheres for the rest of my life. Anyways, that was a long way of telling you that I miss you!